Rent a bike
E-bikes of all kinds in various frame sizes are available.
On request even with delivery service directly to the Mareithof.
Depending on the season, we recommend reserving the bike from home.
To the website
Cycling & hiking
Mareithof is the ideal starting point for various cycle rides and walks. A meadow path leads directly from Mareithof down to Lake Kalterersee. There’s also a forest trail to the Montiggl lakes.
Stroll through the Seiser Alm Alpine meadow, walk to Kastelruth, climb the Mendel mountains....or conquer the summit of one of the nearby mountains.
Lake Kalterersee and the surrounding area are a paradise for sports enthusiasts, offering countless recreational activities.
Enjoy the clear, warm water of Lake Kalterersee (the warmest lake in the Alps!). Thanks to good wind conditions, you can surf and sail here to your heart’s content.
Places of interest
For days when you don’t fancy swimming in the lake or going off on a long walk or cycle ride through the orchards and vineyards, there are numerous places of interest and museums in the vicinity.
- Find out all about South Tyrolean viticulture in the South Tyrol Wine Museum in Kaltern
- Go to Bolzano and visit Ötzi the Iceman in the South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology
- Walk round the castles in the neighbouring village of Eppan. The landscape here boasts more castles than anywhere else in Europe!
- Take the Mendelbahn funicular railway up to the Mendel mountains and climb the Penegal
- In spring, Frühlingstal valley (“spring valley”) is well worth a visit!
- In autumn, “Törggelen”, the new wine festival following the fruit and grape harvests, is a prime attraction. Here, people meet in wine cellars to taste the new wine. This is served with chestnuts, cured meats and background music in a festive atmosphere.
- You fancy a climbing spree, or a day trip to Lake Garda or Venice?
- Have you ever watched an opera in the world-famous “Arena” opera house in Verona?